There are actually 2 reasons
The second reason Sublime rocks is that's it's very customizable. And this makes it easy to create a coding environment that suits you. So I made a class on how you can start customizing it. Watch it. Learn from it and boom 💥 you can create your happy coding place! There are so many awesome people that make rad stuff for sublime it's ridiculous (thank you).
Here are a few resources to get you started.
This is a big personal preference. Here are a few lists.
There are a lot of pluings for Sublime. Here are a few of my favourites.
- If you write HTML and CSS, Emmet is the best. I have a class on how to rock n roll with Emmet.
- Color Highlighter is great for underlining and highlighting hexcodes and other forms of color in text-format.
- AutoFileName for autocompleting filenames!
- All Autocomplete find matches in all open files of the current window and makes suggestion based on that as you type.
- Browse Package Control to find what you want.
- You can also Google "Best Sublime Text Plugins" or "Best Sublime Text plugins for X"
Creating your own takes some time. I find other people's choices fantastic. Here are a few I like and a few other places you may want to look.
- Material Theme
- Boxy Theme on Package Control
- Wes Bos' Cobalt 2 Theme
- Create your own theme
- A starting Sublime theme
- Best Sublime Text 3 Themes of 2015 and 2016 on Scotch.io
- Best sublime text 3 Themes to use in 2017 on Dunebook
- Themes on Package Control
Colors are important. Especially if you're coming form the design world.
- Make your own color scheme.
- Install ColorSchemeSelector for browsing installed color schemes.
- Use Colorsublime to browse and install Colorsublime color schemes.
More Sublime awesomeness
And then for more Sublime Awesomeness (because I can't cover it all) check out these resources.
- A great (and very in-depth) resource for all things Sublime is Wes Bos' Sublime Text Power User Book. Use the STUDENTHUSTLE code to get 28% off.
- If you're lazy subscribe to this newsletter and read these articles.
- If you haven't watched it watch my Customizing Sublime Text class.